We here at Dogwood Gaming are thrilled to announce our sponsorship with MH Tutorials for the 3D Architectural Modeling Challenge!
Instructions are as follows:
The topic for the contest is a famous building or structure that stands in the country where you currently live,
- – Only one entry per person – Entry must be rendered in a resolution of 1280×720 or larger – No names, logos or other artist identifiers are to be placed in the render
- – File must be in JPEG / JPG format
- – Only one angle of the building / structure is allowed in the entry. So no front, side etc together. – All entries are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Closing date for entry is November 15th, 2017 12:00 PM CET – Video with all entries will be posted for voting prior to Nov 20th on MH Tutorials
- – If there are more than 30 entries the jury ( MH Tutorials and Dogwood Gaming + selected professional jury members ) will assess all entries and pick their 30 favorites to be posted online for voting on November 20th Choosing the 30 that will be posted for voting is done at the sole discretion of the Jury and is not open for discussion or debate.
- – Viewers can vote for their favorite from Nov 20th ( midnight CET ) until December 1st 2017 ( midnight CET ) Each viewer can vote only once. Only votes placed under the original video on YouTube count. – Voting for yourself is allowed but considered “being a bad sport”
- – Soliciting friends, school mates, family etc to vote for your entry is technically allowed but discouraged. You want to win based on your work, not how many people you know.
- – The entry that is submitted by the artist may NOT be shared online or anywhere else prior to the winner being announced. This includes Work in Progress images etc. Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.
- – The model has to be a polygonal model, so no digital sculpts. Models that started off in for example ZBrush need to be retopologized.
- – No digital backdrops please. Everything in the scene has to be modeled with the exception of sky etc. HDRI’s may be used.
- – It is up to the artist to verify that your entry has been received at MH Tutorials. We are not responsible for entries ending up at wrong e-mail addresses, spam folders etc.
- – After the jury has counted all votes on the published 30 entries the top 15 entries will be invited to send their original 3D files ( in OBJ format + texture files ) to the jury
- – The jury will assess the top 15 models with the highest vote count out of the posted 30 and based on criteria such as creativity, composition, clean project setup, clean mesh, edge flow and Virtual Reality readiness the jury will pick a top 3.
- The top 3 will receive prizes and for the number 1 winner we will do our utmost to investigate if and whether the number one model is suitable to be converted into a model that will be displayed in Virtual Reality at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC, USA.
Now be aware : There is no guarantee !!! It is a very, very big deal if we can make this happen but a lot of elements come into play to make this happen. So our promise is “We will do our best!”
First Place will win
- A Digital software package worth approx $ 250
- The number 1 winner we will do our utmost to investigate if and whether the number one model is suitable to be converted into a model that will be displayed in Virtual Reality at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC, USA.
- An article about the winning artist on www.mhtutorialsyoutube.com
- A 1 hour private Skype session with Mike Hermes
In addition, they will receive Steam codes for:
- Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edtion
- Project Highrise
That’s more than $100 in games!
Second Place will have you grabbing the following Steam codes:
- Cities: Skylines
- Project Highrise
Third Place will snag:
- Project Highrise